Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I chose vertical line composition for this assignment. I thought it was the most opportunistic choice because out of the photographs I took looking for 'compositional lines', it was one of the only shots that allowed me to incorporate depth and framing into my composition. This assignment was a tough one for me because I was torn between trying an abstract shot and doing something a little more conventional. This photograph incorporates both. My favorite part of the shot is the consistency of the vertical lines especially with the lighting and shadows in the bark of the tree. The lines continue up the top of the shot with vertical shadow which I particularly like. I wish I could have incorporate action into the shot because as I learned from class, action is the most associated characteristic of a vertical line shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment